Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Price of Oil

Go down 
+5
Loves the Movement
Casper.
mcr666
XxKittyxX
Biomech
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

Number of posts : 256
About me : Test1
Dislikes : Test3
Registration date : 2008-11-23

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:36 am

Funny how it fluctuates so much eh? What's the real cause?

It's gone from less than a dollar to over $4 than half that price here in America. Their reasons don't make too much sense either, especially when they say there's a "shortage".

I don't know about it's price fluctuation in other parts of the world but I've heard that most other countries have been paying higher than the US for many years now.

I personally think that's a load of BS. If there's really a "shortage" then we wouldn't ever see lower prices again. It supposedly takes millions of years to create oil so we wouldn't see any new oil any time soon.

Funny enough on some conspiracy theory talk shows there are some people who think that it DOESN'T take millions of years to create oil. They think it just occurs in the earth naturally and possibly spontaneously. That doesn't make much sense to me.

So I'd have to say that it's pretty much all because of political interests and dirty politicians.
Back to top Go down
https://demonforest.darkbb.com
XxKittyxX
Mouse
XxKittyxX

Number of posts : 37

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:46 am

i think its due to the fact that we are starting to run out and therefore it is becoming rare and the more rare materials are the more expensive they are.

it may not be rare now but it is becoming that way so they put the price up.

either that or goverment want more money which is also likely.
Back to top Go down
mcr666
Wolverine
mcr666

Number of posts : 321
About me : I'm controversial, but a good person to know.
I'm also pretty dang helpful if i do say so myself, and I have many ideas.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:07 am

I think its a matter of cause and demand.
people have been driving less since the prices were high, and therefore used less gas.
Now, even though the prices are down, they are still driving less and there's still a low demand. That makes a surplus, which drives the prices down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.helenabase.forummotion.com
Casper.
Bat
Casper.

Number of posts : 133
Location : I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU BABY, CAN YOU GET ENOUGH OF MEEEE?????
About me : Hey baby, want to go for a rise in my little red sports car?
Dislikes : You, you sexy thang.

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:50 am

Hmm, considering I didn't understand a thing MCR said, I think I know now WHY I failed economics.
Back to top Go down
Loves the Movement
Mouse
Loves the Movement

Number of posts : 14
About me : My name is Emily...I love listening to Rock, Post-hardcore, Techno, and some Jazz(Mostly saxophone) music. I'm in the 8th grade though I think I'm more intelligent than you would expect from a thirteen year old girl. I like to read and play around with makeup and my hair. I don't discriminate against race, sexuality, gender, or anything else. Looks don't matter that much so if you wanna know what I look like, ask me(Or look at my pics if you can upload pics on here)
Registration date : 2008-11-27

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 pm

It was over 4 USD just a few months ago, and now it is about 1.75 USD where I live(Ohio)

It is quite ridiculous how much it can change and when it changes. I wouldn't be surprised if it went up a bit before Christmas because a lot of people travel during the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

Number of posts : 258
Dislikes : Anything other than this site
Registration date : 2008-12-01

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:42 pm

It's been going down in Australia for quite some time now, The price that is
We were having record breaking high prices here so someone (im not sure who) Devised some sort of group to watch and investigate the oil companies here. Ever since then the prices have slowly lowered. It has been seen a few times the companies were just raising the prices to raise their profits. But luckily the government and our new Prime Minister helped do something about it
Back to top Go down
Melly
Mouse
Melly

Number of posts : 43
About me : I'm trying to find balance in my life. The good and the bad. The future and the past. My afflictions and my affections. The scales are tipping.

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:07 am

Its definitly supply and demand. As gas prices were rising, the oil companies recorded highest profits ever.
Seems a little ridiculous, don't you think?

I think this is a golden opportunity to explore other types of energy. Save money and help the planet
Back to top Go down
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

Number of posts : 256
About me : Test1
Dislikes : Test3

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:16 am

Melly wrote:
Its definitly supply and demand. As gas prices were rising, the oil companies recorded highest profits ever.

I think this is a golden opportunity to explore other types of energy. Save money and help the planet

Sure, we could use other types of energy. I personally would like to see solar energy advanced. It seems efficient.

However I doubt that it will be taken advantage of because there is an unlimited supply of sunlight so there is really no way for them to artificially inflate the price for greater profit margins.
Back to top Go down
https://demonforest.darkbb.com
mcr666
Wolverine
mcr666

Number of posts : 321
About me : I'm controversial, but a good person to know.
I'm also pretty dang helpful if i do say so myself, and I have many ideas.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Gas is $1.54 a gal where I'm at.

You guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.helenabase.forummotion.com
shadowslight
Mouse
shadowslight

Number of posts : 22
About me : I'm a fairly easy person to get along with...most of you know me...My life is total choas...so calm scares the hell outta me. I'm learning the guitar....but got a long way to go before I'll give Oli Herbert a run for his money....I've had a painful past but I'm better now....golly that mad me sound mental...lol Hit me up
Likes : Cheetoes, cherry pepsi, Writing poetry. meeting decent people
Dislikes : repitition, and people who are jerks and backstabbers
Registration date : 2008-11-25

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:11 am

1.41 in colorado...
Back to top Go down
Damnation
Mouse
Damnation

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-13

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:39 am

Melly wrote:

It's also a golden opportunity for the government and the private oil industries to exploit the hell out of the people.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

Number of posts : 258
Dislikes : Anything other than this site
Registration date : 2008-12-01

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:41 am

Damnation wrote:
Melly wrote:

It's also a golden opportunity for the government and the private oil industries to exploit the hell out of the people.
Wink

*nods*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Price of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Price of Oil   The Price of Oil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Price of Oil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Serious Business-
Jump to: