Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smoking/Drinking

Go down 
+3
Casper.
Metal
mcr666
7 posters

Do you smoke or drink?
I smoke
Smoking/Drinking Vote_lcap0%Smoking/Drinking Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I drink
Smoking/Drinking Vote_lcap50%Smoking/Drinking Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
I smoke and drink
Smoking/Drinking Vote_lcap0%Smoking/Drinking Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I do not smoke or drink
Smoking/Drinking Vote_lcap50%Smoking/Drinking Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
mcr666
Wolverine
mcr666

Number of posts : 321
About me : I'm controversial, but a good person to know.
I'm also pretty dang helpful if i do say so myself, and I have many ideas.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:21 pm

More and more teenagers smoke and drink these days, and they start younger and younger.

Do you smoke or drink, and if so, how old were you when you started? Is it a constant habit, or do you only do so in parties or "social situations"? Have friends or family members had an influence on this? What are your thoughts on smoking and drinking overall?

I've never tried drinking, but I tried smoking about a year ago at my friends birthday party. I didn't like it then. I tried it again about 6 or 8 months ago and had a better taste for it then. I would'nt say it's a constant habit, typically I only smoke when I'm uptight or anxious, or when I'm with friends who do. I maybe have one every other week at best, as I am only seventeen and have to rely on bumming them off my friends, Lol. I dunno if I'll pick up the habit moreso or not when I get to be 18 (two months).

((Note: I tried to add a poll to this, but it didn't work out so well. ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.helenabase.forummotion.com
Metal
Fox
Metal

Number of posts : 258
Dislikes : Anything other than this site
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Personally I dislike both
I don't hate them but I dont like them either
I've drunk around parents/adults
Not around people my own age
And I didn't drink for the purposeof getting drunk
And I have smoke once
I wanted to try it
Out of pure curiosity
I didn't not like it
But My grandpa died from lung cancer
And mt grandmother has been smoking for about 40 years
And It's a horrible horrible habit
And painful to watch your grandfather die a premature death
Back to top Go down
Casper.
Bat
Casper.

Number of posts : 133
Location : I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU BABY, CAN YOU GET ENOUGH OF MEEEE?????
About me : Hey baby, want to go for a rise in my little red sports car?
Dislikes : You, you sexy thang.
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 pm

I've tried smoking twice.
But I'm asthmatic so it just doesn't turn out good, so I can't.

I drink only in party situations, and I never get drunk(anymore) I only ever drink so I can be more at ease, because I've been in quite traumatic situations at parties, and so I'm trying to get over my fear, and the only way I can not act like a social retard is to drink a little to loosen up, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Casper. wrote:
I've tried smoking twice.
But I'm asthmatic so it just doesn't turn out good, so I can't.

I drink only in party situations, and I never get drunk(anymore) I only ever drink so I can be more at ease, because I've been in quite traumatic situations at parties, and so I'm trying to get over my fear, and the only way I can not act like a social retard is to drink a little to loosen up, if that makes sense.

See it works a different way for me
I don;t like drinking alcohol because it turns me into a social retard
Or just a retard in general
I like being in complete control of my own body
And I don't like the mindfuck that comes with hangovers
Back to top Go down
Casper.
Bat
Casper.

Number of posts : 133
Location : I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU BABY, CAN YOU GET ENOUGH OF MEEEE?????
About me : Hey baby, want to go for a rise in my little red sports car?
Dislikes : You, you sexy thang.

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:33 pm

I don't get hang overs.

^_^
Back to top Go down
Nation
Badger
Nation

Number of posts : 177
About me : I'm Nation.
I'm reviving Demonforest with the help of a couple of the other mods.
If your stumbling across the site, Welcome! Join! Talk!
If you've got a question, Drop me a PM.
Smoking/Drinking 603935
Dislikes : Liver

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 pm

I've never smoked, but I do drink sometimes.
I don't like heavy anything.. I like wine and beer.
When I drink, I'm normally alone, and I don't drink enough to make myself drunk (I did research before I tried it, because I didn't want to lose control).
I tested my limits, and I know when to stop now... I usually am in control, just a little slap happy... Which is a feeling I don't get naturally, so It's nice to have every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:04 pm

Everything should be taken in moderation
There aren't many expections to that rule
Back to top Go down
Melly
Mouse
Melly

Number of posts : 43
About me : I'm trying to find balance in my life. The good and the bad. The future and the past. My afflictions and my affections. The scales are tipping.

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:24 am

I've drank at parties, or with my parents occasionally. But not often or in large quantities
I have too much in my future however to get totally wasted and make a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Melly wrote:
make a big mistake.

I'm glad you see that you can make big mistakes with alcohol
You can make them without it
But Alcohol definetly dosent help
People don't realise the effect that it can have on you
Back to top Go down
Tom
Bat
Tom

Number of posts : 113

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:37 pm

I'll more than likely not do either. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

Number of posts : 256
About me : Test1
Dislikes : Test3

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 3:45 am

I have tried both smoking and drinking.

I've never seen anything inherently bad about either one if they're done responsibly but the fact that so many people are irresponsible makes me think that it's really not worth their existence.

I have had a few drinks in my life. My parents gave me my first alcohol when I was a teenager (14). I was never highly interested in alcohol but it was the only thing available since the water lines were contaminated at the hotel we were staying at. I got a slight "buzz" but I was not that impressed. I had some alcohol with some coworkers once. Again I was not that impressed. For me, being drunk is just kind of "meh". I get a little giggly and sleepy and that's about it. I don't ever really go out of my way to get alcohol but if someone offers it to me I accept sometimes depending on my mood.

I would caution other people of it's use since it can impair your judgment and you will not realize it.

Luckily I have never done anything particularly stupid when I have been drunk but it is just that. Luck. Other people may not be so lucky. People are often fatalities in alcohol related incidents. If you are not killed in a car wreck when you are drunk you may have to live with the guilt that you killed an innocent person for the rest of your life. These words may or may not deter you, but consider them a forewarning. Also, never get drunk around strangers.

I have smoked only a few times in my life. I did not enjoy the first cigarette I had (17). I thought it tasted bad and was not interested in smoking again until I was around someone I hated who dislike smoking. I smoked simply to piss them off and to show them that they could not tell me what to do. It was highly immature of me to do that. It's not worth risking your health just to "get back at" someone because they will have the last laugh if you become addicted and/or develop lung cancer.

Although drugs were not included in the subject of the original post I thought I would comment on that as well. I have never done any illegal drugs and I do not wish to do so, not only because they are illegal but because of the permanent side effects they can cause.

Having said all that, I don't think that any of them are really that great and I am disgusted by people who are weak enough to become dependent on either one but the people who are strong enough to over come an addiction deserve some kind of applause for learning from their mistakes. It is a difficult thing to be "good" once you've tasted "evil". Those who have defeated their own monsters have shown that they have the strength of character to do so.

mcr666 wrote:

????
Back to top Go down
https://demonforest.darkbb.com
mcr666
Wolverine
mcr666

Number of posts : 321
About me : I'm controversial, but a good person to know.
I'm also pretty dang helpful if i do say so myself, and I have many ideas.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:44 pm

WhiteDemonist wrote:

mcr666 wrote:

????

Yeah, it wouldnt post the topic at all in the first place when i tried to post the topic at all. So I tried again the next day to add the topic without the poll and it worked.
Who knows? *shrug*
/off topicness
Back to top Go down
http://www.helenabase.forummotion.com
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

Number of posts : 256
About me : Test1
Dislikes : Test3

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 3:15 pm

mcr666 wrote:
WhiteDemonist wrote:

mcr666 wrote:

????

Yeah, it wouldnt post the topic at all in the first place when i tried to post the topic at all. So I tried again the next day to add the topic without the poll and it worked.
Who knows? *shrug*
/off topicness

Hmm.. weird... ok just edit your topic to include a poll just after you post it then I guess. I really don't know any reason it would mess up like that. Maybe we should all think of a few more topics that would have poll options just to see if anyone else has this problem.
Back to top Go down
https://demonforest.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

Smoking/Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking/Drinking   Smoking/Drinking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoking/Drinking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Intermediate-
Jump to: