Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where is this country going?

Go down 
+2
Metal
Melly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Melly
Mouse
Melly

Number of posts : 43
About me : I'm trying to find balance in my life. The good and the bad. The future and the past. My afflictions and my affections. The scales are tipping.
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Where is this country going? Empty
PostSubject: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:39 pm

With Obama in office, do you see it improving? Or do you think that America is so fucked up at the moment that it is not within his power to fix? Please give explanation
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

Number of posts : 258
Dislikes : Anything other than this site
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:32 am

I personally think that Obama will do the country good
But some people disagree
I don't know enough about him or American politics to make much of a discussion about it though
I think he will help the poor, but the well-off will suffer for that to happen
Back to top Go down
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

Number of posts : 256
About me : Test1
Dislikes : Test3

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:57 am

I really don't know I guess we will just have to wait and see. I didn't vote this time because I didn't like any of the candidates aside from Ron Paul.
Back to top Go down
https://demonforest.darkbb.com
Metal
Fox
Metal

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:59 am

I didn't vote either
But I live in Australia
Here when you become 18 it's mandatory to vote
Or you get a fine
Bah
Back to top Go down
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:01 am

Metal wrote:
I didn't vote either
But I live in Australia
Here when you become 18 it's mandatory to vote
Or you get a fine
Bah
LOL As an Australian you have no influence on American politics by voting anyway!

I think it's kind of dumb to force people to vote. If someone doesn't want to vote then they're not informed about the issues so they're not going to be able to make a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:08 am

It is stupid
People just go in and vote for someone random
They don't care
Or know anything about politics
Just guess
Back to top Go down
Melly
Mouse
Melly

About me : I'm trying to find balance in my life. The good and the bad. The future and the past. My afflictions and my affections. The scales are tipping.

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:42 am

I agree with you Metal, that he will do the country some good. But I also think that there's a limit to how much he can fix. In any other situation, he would lead excellently and bring about positive change. However, in the current situation with a war, economic crisis, etc. I don't think that he is prepared.
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Melly wrote:
I agree with you Metal, that he will do the country some good. But I also think that there's a limit to how much he can fix. In any other situation, he would lead excellently and bring about positive change. However, in the current situation with a war, economic crisis, etc. I don't think that he is prepared.

I think he's more prepared than anyone else though
I can't think of anyone else better suited to deal with the shit bush left behind
Back to top Go down
Nation
Badger
Nation

Number of posts : 177
About me : I'm Nation.
I'm reviving Demonforest with the help of a couple of the other mods.
If your stumbling across the site, Welcome! Join! Talk!
If you've got a question, Drop me a PM.
Where is this country going? 603935
Dislikes : Liver

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:33 pm

I think he'll do a good job.
I'm not saying he's going to drastically change the country for the better.. No, Theres too much work to be done.
But I think he's going to give us the good start we need to fix things like the economy.

I would have voted if I could... I can vote next election though (I'll be 18 by then.)
Back to top Go down
Melly
Mouse
Melly

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:00 am

Metal wrote:
Melly wrote:

I can't think of anyone else better suited to deal with the shit bush left behind

I don't think there is anyone prepared for it. Though I prefered him over McCain, definitly.
Back to top Go down
Metal
Fox
Metal

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:58 pm

Melly wrote:
Metal wrote:
Melly wrote:

I don't think there is anyone prepared for it. Though I prefered him over McCain, definitly.

Oh yes
Definetly not McCain
He IMO was a horrible candidate
Made worse by Sarah Palin
She's so stupid
Back to top Go down
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:10 am

What makes you have these opinions of these candidates?

Why do you like them and dislike them?
Back to top Go down
Nation
Badger
Nation

Number of posts : 177
About me : I'm Nation.
I'm reviving Demonforest with the help of a couple of the other mods.
If your stumbling across the site, Welcome! Join! Talk!
If you've got a question, Drop me a PM.
Where is this country going? 603935
Dislikes : Liver

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:40 am

WhiteDemonist wrote:

To be honest, I can't say I really 'like' either of the candidates who ran.
But I favor Obama over McCain.
Mostly because Obama, in my opinion, has a slightly better lead because he's more fresh to politics, and that means he has less of the baggage of whats happened in the past, and more of a focus on the future.
Both of their fixes for the country were very feeble, but you have to start somewhere, and I don't think we could have hoped for anything much better.
Back to top Go down
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Nation wrote:
WhiteDemonist wrote:

To be honest, I can't say I really 'like' either of the candidates who ran.
But I favor Obama over McCain.
Mostly because Obama, in my opinion, has a slightly better lead because he's more fresh to politics, and that means he has less of the baggage of whats happened in the past, and more of a focus on the future.
Both of their fixes for the country were very feeble, but you have to start somewhere, and I don't think we could have hoped for anything much better.

That's something to consider... less "baggage" but isn't "baggage" wisdom?

McCain has had opportunities to learn from his mistakes already. Obama still has mistakes ahead of him to make and learn from and those could be at our expense.

(I really don't favor either candidate myself, I just thought I'd say that for the sake of discussion)
Back to top Go down
mcr666
Wolverine
mcr666

Number of posts : 321
About me : I'm controversial, but a good person to know.
I'm also pretty dang helpful if i do say so myself, and I have many ideas.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:26 am

I haven't kept up with pilitics, but my hunch is that Obama got the "race vote" and the "anti-republican vote" along with the sincere votes, and thats why he won.
Back to top Go down
http://www.helenabase.forummotion.com
Metal
Fox
Metal

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 am

mcr666 wrote:
I haven't kept up with pilitics, but my hunch is that Obama got the "race vote" and the "anti-republican vote" along with the sincere votes, and thats why he won.

I don;t think those are the only reasons he won
Sure a lot of black people voted for him because some of them would prefer a black president
But a whole lot of white people would have voted against him for the same reason; Skin colour

The anti-republican vote though does make sense
I think change is needed
In any direction, change is needed
Back to top Go down
Jacqueline
Mouse
Jacqueline

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:25 am

I don't see America improving anytime soon.
Every country seem to think that they own this dirt & water covered sphere called Earth.
Until everbody realizes that we share this place, I don't think much good can be achieved.

Not in America, & not anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is this country going?   Where is this country going? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is this country going?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Serious Business-
Jump to: