Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School: What you like/dislike

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mcr666
Wolverine
mcr666

Number of posts : 321
About me : I'm controversial, but a good person to know.
I'm also pretty dang helpful if i do say so myself, and I have many ideas.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

School: What you like/dislike Empty
PostSubject: School: What you like/dislike   School: What you like/dislike Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:10 pm

What do you like and dislike about your school? I'm not just meaning subjects, or your friends, I'm talking about the way things happen day to day. Do you think teachers treat students fairly, and vice versa? Do you think students get away with too much at your school, or do teachers and other adults in charge take things too far?

For example, I like how having an online class basically entitles me to use a school laptop whenever I want. I like that some teachers don't care if we have headphones on during quiet work, and how some teachers don't care if we have a snack in class. I Like how most of my teachers are pretty lenient on letting us choose projects and how

I don't think it's fair for the teachers to be allowed to break in front of us in the lunch line, yet when us kids come to lunch a few minutes early we get sent back and made to wait. Or how we have to pay $15 a year for a parking permit, even if we buy the permit in April. I don't think the dress code is very fair (but that's not the school's fault, it's the county's fault.) I also wish we had a break between classes like we used to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.helenabase.forummotion.com
Tom
Bat
Tom

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: School: What you like/dislike   School: What you like/dislike Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:40 pm

mcr666 wrote:
Do you think teachers treat students fairly, and vice versa?

No, we (the students) take advantage of certain teachers, and certain teachers favor certain students.

mcr666 wrote:
Do you think students get away with too much at your school, or do teachers and other adults in charge take things too far?

Sometimes we do, though the administration/whatever teacher is in charge usually takes care of things before they get too out of hand.

Though I do like how several of my teachers favor me for my "intelligence," even if I'm a lazy asshole. Most of my afternoon teachers let me drink water during class as long as a I pay attention (Hell, sometimes I don't pay attention and they still let me do it). And my math teacher lets me sit at her desk before class starts...It makes me feel important >.>

And ironically, I'm not all that good at math.
Back to top Go down
Biomech
Admin
Biomech

Number of posts : 256
About me : Test1
Dislikes : Test3

PostSubject: Re: School: What you like/dislike   School: What you like/dislike Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:09 pm

mcr666 wrote:
What do you like and dislike about your school? I'm not just meaning subjects, or your friends, I'm talking about the way things happen day to day. Do you think teachers treat students fairly, and vice versa?

Well I am out of school but I will still answer.
I liked my teachers for the most part. I was a teacher's pet usually.
I was good in English, foreign languages, art, all the sciences, especially psychology. Botany was my toughest science class.
I was not good at math even though I think it's important.
PE was pretty much an automatic A for everyone who participated.
I didn't like most of the students. I thought they were all jerks and had cruel things in mind for them sometimes though I never acted on those thoughts....
Quote :

Do you think students get away with too much at your school, or do teachers and other adults in charge take things too far?
I thought that some people got unfair biases from the teachers.
Sometimes that was my benefit but a lot of the time it wasn't.

There was a ban on trench coats at my school after Columbine but since I was a teacher's pet I got to keep mine.
I didn't like that they let some of the people wear miniskirts and baggy pants that showed their.... stuff.

The few teachers who didn't like me gave me bad grades no matter how hard I worked. The teachers that liked me let me get away with not doing my homework sometimes. But I almost always aced every test so it's not like I didn't learn the lesson.
Back to top Go down
https://demonforest.darkbb.com
Casper.
Bat
Casper.

Number of posts : 133
Location : I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU BABY, CAN YOU GET ENOUGH OF MEEEE?????
About me : Hey baby, want to go for a rise in my little red sports car?
Dislikes : You, you sexy thang.

PostSubject: Re: School: What you like/dislike   School: What you like/dislike Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:05 pm

I think teachers do have a bias.

See back at my old school, I was the youngest of four, and all my siblings went through that school. Now there is a patern in my family, my oldest sister is really smart and good, my brother(the second oldest) was a really bad student, my other brother, the third oldest was a really good student, super smart and all that, and so all the teachers assumed I was a bad student(I really wasn't though)

Then when they realised I wasn't, they sort of got nicer becaus I was badly bullied and they noticed(though didn't do much to stop it). Now, then they came to the assumption that I was like sister 1 and brother 3, and so because of this I MUST be good at maths.

But I have a form of dyslexia to do with numbers, so I can't do maths(at the time this wasn't known). One of my teachers said to me after class "Why aren't you good at maths? Your brother and sister are." And then in year 8 the bullying got worse so I was moved.

Now at my new school, within a few months they had picked up on my maths problem, and they brought in a guy, who diagnosed me with my form of dyslexia(I forget the name). They also new I was bullied, so helped me to settle in and treated me as an individual.

Yeah thats my story about teachers.
Back to top Go down
mcr666
Wolverine
mcr666

Number of posts : 321
About me : I'm controversial, but a good person to know.
I'm also pretty dang helpful if i do say so myself, and I have many ideas.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: School: What you like/dislike   School: What you like/dislike Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:04 pm

I used to get bullied alot too, til i told people off. Then they left me alone.

I unno, know I'm back to my awkward phase I think. I eat alone at lunch everyday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.helenabase.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School: What you like/dislike   School: What you like/dislike Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School: What you like/dislike
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Intermediate-
Jump to: